Literacy Tools - Reading Pen 2
Wizcomtech suite of hand-held literacy support tools are used to effectively boost vocabulary, phonemic awareness, fluency and comprehension among a wide range of reading levels and learning abilities -- including those who have limited English proficiency and those who have been identified as learning disabled -- and are utilized in thousands of 21st century classrooms throughout the U.S and around the world.
Wizcomtech: Comparison of Reading Assistant Tools
|ReadingPen 2||ReadingPen TS||ExamPen|
|Hardware||Screen type||LCD||Touch Screen||LCD|
|Weight||3 oz||3 oz||3 oz|
|Translation Tools||English definition (AHD College & Children)||l||l|
|Idioms direct look-up||l||l|
|Recognizes all inflected forms (directs to corresponding entry)||l||l|
|Reading Features||Large font display||l||l||l|
|Reading aloud scanned text||l||l||l|
|Reading aloud dictionary definition||l||l|
|Other Features||Spell out||l||l||l|
(Optionally: play with words derived from History list)
Reading Pen 2: K-6 students, ELL, Special Education students
Helping students master reading fluency with confidence! The Wizcomtech Reading Pen 2 is a personal, portable, and powerful hand-held tech-tool that scans text and provides beginning readers with instant word definitions, spelling and pronunciation support to boost the critical vocabulary, phonics, fluency and comprehension skills needed for student achievement in reading.
A perfect support for those students who have not yet mastered immediate decoding skills, the Reading Pen 2 instantly reads scanned words aloud, spells words letter by letter, and provides definitions and translations from English to Spanish. This portable reading tool is the ideal device for K-6 teachers to use alongside core reading programs with small group instruction, provide as independent fluency supporter can be easily integrated into Individualized Education Plans (IEPs). The Reading Pen 2 can be used bystudents of all ages to increase comprehension and build CONFIDENCE!
- Supports all reading levels
- Provides instant individual and independent decoding support at any point in reading process
- Can work alongside/complement any chosen curricula and text type (books, magazines, newspaper)
- Helps educators meet special fluency needs and better match students to just-right-books and literacy materials
- Helps teachers identify vocabulary weakness and provide immediate corrective support
- Great for content-area classrooms for additional literacy support
- Provides school to home literacy support
- Helps educators meet Adequate Yearly Progress goals for students
- Scans single words or full lines of text.
- Displays selected word in large font to enable easier, clearer viewing.
- Displays definitions, synonyms and translations of the scanned text on the LCD screen
- Reads the scanned text aloud, including its definitions and synonyms with Text-to-Speech (TTS) technology using built-in speaker or earphones.
- Spells out scanned words, highlighting individual letters.
- Displays syllabic division of selected word or phrasal verb.
- Recognizes over 500,000 words from the American Heritage® College Dictionary, 4th Edition and Roget's II The New Thesaurus.
- Comprehensive Spanishtranslation that extends beyond the simple, most frequently used meaning of the word.
- Direct look-up of idioms/phrases.
- Identification of inflected words and display of their corresponding entries.
- History option enabling retrieval of the last 80 reviewed words.
- Recognition of a wide range of printed font types and sizes (6-22 points, up to 8mm).
- Recognition and automatic merging of hyphenated text.
- Two display modes: Toggle between abridged and complete definition/translation display.
- Easy to use buttons and straightforward menus.
- Built-in scanning tutorial to improve scanning technique.
- Right/left handed multi-direction scanning support.
- Auto shut-off feature to preserve battery life.